A picture is worth a thousand words – and landscape pictures transport you back to favorite hikes, beach vacations, and even a drive through the country. North Carolina is a gorgeous place, and these photos highlight the unique and sometimes breathtaking beauty of the Tar Heel state.
1. A gorgeous aerial perspective and a vibrant array of colors in the Great Smoky Mountains.
2. The Frisco Pier barely standing beneath a crystal clear night sky. Wow!
3. So many luscious colors in this Cape Hatteras sunset over the sound. This has me planning a getaway!
3. Early morning fog and sunlight make for a mystical scene along a pond in Alleghany County. This makes the early alarm worth it!
5. Exploring days gone by in eastern North Carolina. You never know what you might stumble upon.
6. Brush strokes in the sky in this dreamy sunset from Clingman’s Dome. Wow!
7. Pull up a chair and enjoy the view as the sun sinks into the night. Bath is such a gorgeous place.
8. Looking Glass Falls looks otherworldly and almost magical at night!
9. The Blue Ridge Mountains are a small slice of heaven on Earth. I always feel at peace here.
10. The most beautiful, bright sunsets always end your beach day on Holden so perfectly.
11. Shrimp boats on the Intracoastal in Holden. This photo looks straight from a travel magazine.
12. Mother Nature is at her finest during this sunset at High Falls. The DuPont State Forest is an amazing place to explore.
13. An otherworldly scene at the bottom of the Neuse River. An exposed clay bottom is a new perspective on what’s underneath the water.
14. Of course, the mountains and coast are beautiful. But there’s plenty of abundant beauty to be found throughout North Carolina, even during a drive on a long country road.
15. A view like this never gets old, that’s why we love calling North Carolina home.
Wow! North Carolina is one of my favorite places on earth – and, of course, it’s home. It doesn’t get better than this. Which pictures look like what comes to your mind when you think of our beautiful state?