7 New Year resolutions to start your year of right!
1. Blog more. Once you hit publish, your blog is there for visitors and new customers to see – tomorrow, next week, or even years from now. Every time you post you have an excellent opportunity to build on the relationship you have with your existing customer and to grow a new audience. It is simply a tool to promote you and your business. So, step it up and try posting a new blog once or twice a week.
2. Utilize Social Media. Every social media platform serves a different purpose and draws a distinct audience. Do the research and then choose which platforms are best for your business. Two choices that are usually a safe bet are Facebook and Twitter. Increase your level of activity and take note of what individuals like and what is not getting as much attention. Try adding 25-50 new social media contacts per week.
3. Be more productive. Pick a few key elements that you think will help productivity, such as focusing on one major task at a time or organizing your day into time blocks. Then decide to fully implement them in the year to come.
4. Become more involved in your Community. You owe it to your community and your business to give back and get involved. Community involvement gives potential customers another reason to visit you. You are increasing visibility and making a positive impact all in one. Consider pairing with your Chamber of Commerce on an event or hosting community meetings.
5. Set goals and strive to implement them. Set one or two goals that will really impact your business and remind everyone of those goals on a regular basis. Use a bulletin board to showcase the goals set and address them regularly at meetings. A good example of an easy goal to set is taking the time to talk to your customers on a regular basis.
6. Take the time to say Thank You. In today’s fast-paced world we get so caught up in the hustle and bustle that sometimes we forget to say thank you. I have found making notes, as a reminder, helps me when sending a follow up thank you. The simple gesture of writing a handwritten note could leave a lasting impression.
7. Take Care of Yourself. Burning the candle at both ends is certainly not uncommon for those of us who wear many hats in our personal and professional lives. Although it’s admirable and some of us find it necessary to be busy, you must find a balance between work and the rest of your life. Make sure you are finding time for family and friends, that you are eating well balanced meals, getting regular exercise and taking time to rest.
So pace yourself, have fun, and enjoy your life at work and at home.