Text and Mobile Marketing is such a significant item on each marketer’s plate. How do I as a business or brand stay in the pocket of our customers. Nielsen reports that 46% of US mobile phone owners had a smart phone as of Q4 2011. That number will jump to 50% by the end of 2012 if not before.
MBAOnline.com recently published an infographic that gives us a much better idea of how important texting is in the everyday lives of human beings.
- 60% of humans (4.2 billion) are active texters.
- There are 5 times as many texters as there are Facebook users and there is 850 Million Facebook Users.
- Over 6 trillion texts were sent in 2010.
- Over 193,000 text messages are sent every second.
- 66% of humans in developing countries have mobile phone subscriptions.
- 48 million people own cellphones but do not have electricity.
- It is more common to have a cellphone in many African countries than it is to have a bank account.
Just like email Marketing there are proper ways of marketing through Text Messages. Here at Growth Marketing, a division of PiP Burlington, we have a texting Program that is extremely cost-effective and can help you be apart of a text revolution.
Whether it is a text reminder for a dental appointment or service appointment. An Event reminder that there is an upcoming event, or if business is slow and you want to drive traffic to move a certain product or time frame… texting works!
The Average Text Message received results in a decision with in 4 to 6 minutes.
Be in the Palm of their hand – Call us today to find out more.